Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Production Run!

Hi,

well, it's been a really exciting time since my last post. Since then, I set a date and prepped for the first production run. It was today and I wanted to share the news about how it went.

I made the Caribbean Marinade- Mild Jerk Sauce today. It took about 8 hours working by myself in the kitchen at the Reservoir Inn Restaurant in West Hurley, NY which I'm currently renting. My day started at 4 AM and I finished producing the sauce at 1 this afternoon. It was so exciting! The best part- there weren't any problems (though I did manage to cut my finger with one of the knives-ouch! It was a fairly deep cut and still hurts a bit but my finger is on the mend thank goodness).

I had a bit of a stressful time trying to find all of the ingredients and supplies. For a while there I wasn't sure I would have been able to produce the sauce today because there were a few ingredients that I wasn't able to find like the Thyme and the Scotch Bonnets. At the last minute over the weekend though, I was able to get everything. I was so happy when I realized that I would be able to produce the sauce today. Let me know if you have a recommendation for suppliers where I could get these particular ingredients.

I will be back in the kitchen hopefully next week to produce the hot version of the Caribbean Marinade. In the meantime, I'll be looking into getting labels for the sauce jars printed. I'm also seeking recommendations for Printers or print shops.

Another piece of great news, I heard from the bank today that Baron's International Kitchen was approved for its very first corporate credit card. I feel really "official" now :) Overall it's been just a great day. The credit card application process was a bit stressful in itself but it was well worth the effort. If you are interested in advice about the credit card application process or looking for bank recommendations, let me know. I'd be happy to share my experiences with you.

Well, that's it for now. I'll let you know how the next production run goes...

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment