Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hit Another Company Milestone!

Hey there,

well, I'm really excited because yesterday I hit another company milestone - I have product labels! Now I realize this may be no big deal for some but when you're trying to start a small business on a shoestring budget like me, this is big news :) It's all relative.

It was a bit of a challenge to find a supplier who could produce the product labels within my budget. Through this experience I've come to learn just how expensive self adhesive product labels are though it's worth it if you need large quantities. I found a solution that will work for now- no minimum quantity requirements and the prices are low enough that it's affordable. This will allow me to get started but I'll need another solution once larger quantities of label are needed (I'm looking forward to actually having that problem ;) If you are in the same boat, let me know. Maybe my solution will work for you too.

I completed another production run yesterday and now have inventory of the hot Caribbean marinade as well as the mild Caribbean marinade- WOOHOO! I'm going to affix the labels on the sauce jars and enter them to the website e-commerce inventory in order to start accepting online orders. It's taken a long time to get here and sometimes, it's hard to believe that I made it this far.

I'm looking to schedule another production run soon to make the hot sauce but first I have to find a supplier for the hot peppers. I have a lead on a farm in NC where I might be able to order them directly wholesale so I'll reach out to them and see how it goes. As always, if you have a lead on a supplier, let me know.

Well, that's it for now. Stay tuned for news about when online inventory is available.

Terry

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that things are progressing well...can't wait for the first web site sale!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete