Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reflections from the Hudson Valley Food & Wine Fest

Well, I've had a bit of a hiatus after the Hudson Valley Food & Wine Fest as my little ones went back to school, my in-laws who have been tremendously supportive by spending lots of time with my little ones so I can pursue my dream of starting and building Baron's International Kitchen were away on vacation and of course, we all got sick. Yeah, we caught the back to school flu bug that's been making the rounds past 2 weeks. One of the valuable aspects of owning your own business is having the flexibility to stop and get off the roller coaster when life needs attending to but it's time to get back to work now and there's a lot in the hopper for the next couple of weeks as I play catchup. There'll be many postings coming out about all that's going on.

First, I wanted to share a bit about my experience at the Hudson Valley Food & Wine Fest. The event was heavily attended as the organizers did a great job of advertising the event. There was a lot about it on local radio stations and in local print media. At the event I met folks from all over- Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvannia even the UK.

Despite the event name, I found there were mostly wine vendors and very few food vendors. I was a bit disappointed at the relatively low showing on the food vendor side but I did have a fair number of folks come by and sample the products. Several even make purchases. Though my assigned spot was less than ideal (I received relatively low traffic because the booth was in an underused building), I am planning to give it another go next year and I'm optimistic that Baron's International Kitchen will do even better. Below you can view pictures of me at the booth and my hubby Josh making samples.

Thanks to Josh, Joyce and Norman for all the family help. I also want to thank everyone who stopped by, tried my gourmet products and made a purchase. I really appreciate all your support,

Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment