Friday, February 11, 2011

Using my gourmet products on your favorite comfort foods

I've heard from so many of you about the ways you've been inspired to use my gourmet products on some of your favorite recipes and comfort foods. I've had the chance to try a few of these and they're really good. Thanks to everyone who's shared recipes on my Facebook page, I really do appreciate that. A few friends recently told me about a few of their favorites and I wanted to share-

Corinna from Stone Ridge, NY adds my Caribbean Hot Sauce to sweet potatoes. She wrote, "My new fav thing to put your (Caribbean) Hot Sauce on is sweet potatoes. Yum!" I absolutely LOVE sweet potatoes and I'm looking forward to trying this a try. I imagine the heat from the Caribbean Hot Sauce goes great with the sweet and creamy flavor of the sweet potato.

Molly & Lars also from Stone Ridge, NY add my Portuguese Repolho Relish to grilled cheese sandwiches. "Add the Portuguese Repolho Relish to the sandwich in a layer on top of the cheese then put in a frying pan and melt both sides" says Lars, "It's delicious!"

Doris also from Lake Katrine recently used my Caribbean Hot Jerk Sauce Marinade on chicken thighs. "I marinated for an hour and then we baked them in the oven. They were so HOT but they were so good! We couldn't stop eating them." My Caribbean Jerk Sauce Marinades in hot and mild can help you whip up a quick meal even when you're short on time. Marinate your favorite meat- chicken, pork, beef for 1 hour minimum (overnight for best flavor) then cook.

I have a favorite dish that I'd like to share too. I've been putting my Portuguese Repolho Relish as a topping on baked Herb Crusted Tilapia. I cook a 5 oz piece of Tilapia that is already coated in the herb seasoned flavored breadcrumbs. I bake the Tilapia at 400 degrees for about 15 mintues in a pre-heated oven (I like my Tilapia dark and crispy but adjust the temp for your preference). As soon as it's done, I top with the Portuguese Repolho Relish. It's delish!


If you get a chance, you've got to remember to try my Portuguese Repolho Relish and Caribbean Hot Sauce on Chicken and Crab Rangoons. I blogged a while back about this appetizer which I purchased and served for the first time at a family party...WOW! They were a HUGE hit. Since then, I've heard from many of you who have also tried these Rangoons with my Portuguese Repolho Relish and Caribbean Hot Sauce that they were a hit for you too. How cool!

The Rangoons I purchase already prepared (they're the Inspirations brand) and they're sold at Hannaford Supermarket the local grocery store here in Kingston, NY. Cook the Rangoons according to the directions then serve with my Portuguese Repolho Relish and Caribbean Hot Sauce. I have to warn you, they're addictive!

How are you using my gourmet products to spruce up your favorite comfort foods? Share your recipe as a comment to this post or put them up on my Facebook page.

Here's to sharing new food experiences with friends,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment