Saturday, February 5, 2011

What to serve at your Superbowl party this year.

Well, the Superbowl is here once again. Tomorrow's the day! Are you ready to host your big game party? Know what you'll be cooking and serving? If you're like me, though your schedule is crazy busy, you want to host a great and fun party. Consider letting someone else do the cooking for you this year.

You can purchase the more traditional platters and sandwiches for any size group from local retailers and valued Baron's International Kitchen partners like Emanuel's Marketplace and Adams Fairacre Farms. If you're looking to serve something a little different though- check out Cheese Louise and the J & J Gourmet Deli where you can order party sizes of their menu items. For example, Rick at Cheese Louise can prepare

-North African Bean, Butternut Squash & Lamb soup
-mildly seasoned Moroccan lamb & beef sausage with yogurt cucumber dressing and French Feta
-Bilinshi's Buffalo style chicken sausage with lettuce and a creamy blue cheese spread
-a variety of Wurst (sausage) with slaw and condiment on baguettes
-salmon cakes
-chicken, rice & bean enchiladas
-and of course Mild jerk slow pulled beef made with my gourmet Caribbean Mild Jerk Sauce Marinade on ciabatta roll with Portuguese Repolho Relish on the side.

His garden salad options include a roasted butternut squash, craisins, romaine, feta with a house vinaigrette and desert options include chocolate raspberry bars, pecan squares and blueberry crisp. Mmmmmm!

When I did the in store demonstration at Cheese Louise a few weeks ago, Sam made a Beer Fondue for sampling that was out of this world good. I observed that Fondues are a great social activity in a meal. I mean, people gathered around the pot, dipped bread into the cheese, ate and mingled. It was a lot of fun.

I'm not having any luck attaching the recipes for Beer Fondue and Classic Fondue from Sam to this post so if you're interested in giving them a try, use the contact form to let me know and I'll email the recipes out to you. Give them a try, I promise you won't be disappointed and your party guests will enjoy it.

Cheese Louise sells Fondue pots and a variety of cheese to get your Fondue going. Below I've included some pictures of the layout at Cheese Louise as well as shots from that Fondue Friday evening when I did the in-store demonstration so you can see what the Fondue and pot look like. If you do make either of these or any Fondue, I hope you'll post a comment and share pictures of how it came out. Cheese Louise located at 940 Route 28 in Kingston, NY is open today, Saturday from 11 till 7 PM. Give them a call at 845 853 8207 and order your Superbowl party fare and check them out on Facebook at Cheese Louise NY.

I was planning to get out to the Hurley Ridge Market later today for an in store demonstration from 11:30 till 4 PM but we've snow, ice and rain in the weather forecast (yes, again :) so I'm not sure I'll be heading out in this weather. It's already started snowing here now. If you're planning to head out to the Hurley Ridge Market on Route 375 in West Hurley and I do make it out, I'll see you there.

Enjoy the big game!

Terry



The layout of the store

The delicious items served at Cheese Louise


Here's what the Fondue pot looks like
Sam gets the Fondue pot ready



















The Beer Fondue is ready to eat!











Dipping sausage and bread!











Here I am at Cheese Louise











Cheese Louise shoppers trying

samples of my gourmet products


No comments:

Post a Comment