Friday, February 3, 2012

Caribbean Rum Pork Chops - a quick and easy recipe you can make tonight

I made this for my hubby Josh for dinner the other night and it came out OMG, AMAZING!...and it was so quick and easy to make too. Here's the recipe:

I used 2 center cut, bone-in pork chops about 1/2 inch thick, trimmed the fat from the edges and put them in a ziploc bag (big enough for the pork chops to lie side by side). In a medium-sized mixing bowl, I combined 1 cup of my award-winning Caribbean Mild Jerk Sauce Marinade and 1 shot of Appleton Rum (doesn't have to be Appleton, if you prefer a different brand dark rum, go ahead and use it). After mixing the marinade well, I poured all except 1/4 cup of it into the ziploc bag with the pork chops, coating the meat well. Then, I sealed the bag, marinated the pork chops for 2 hours and cooked them on a preheated medium-low grill (use the reserved 1/4 cup of marinade to baste). In about 20 minutes they were done- succulent, loaded with flavor and so juicy!

I served the Caribbean Rum Pork Chops with a side of Rice Pilaf and a garden salad but it would go great with a baked Potato (white or sweet), Macaroni & Cheese, Jamaican Rice & Peas, Potato Salad, Puerto Rican Tostones, Plantains, Roasted Peppers and Sauteed Asparagus too. If you enjoy other sides with this meal, post a comment here or on my Facebook page and let us know.

As an aside, if you haven't already, you've just gotta make Sauteed Asparagus using Balsamic Shallot Herb butter. Steve Ferri, Chef owner of local Hudson Valley specialty company the Scotch Hands Butter Company, produces this and other flavored compound butters. They come ready to use with all the seasonings you need in them already so it's as easy to use as scooping it out of the container. Not only is the butter easy to use, it also gives the Asparagus an awesome flavor and they're done in 10 minutes. I've used the Balsamic Shallot Herb butter with String Beans too and it works great.

It's so fun to cook delectably soul-satisfying creations, especially in the winter. Of course, when it warms up to the mid 50s here in the Catskill Mountains for 2 days back to back in the middle of winter (which happened last week), it's especially hard to resist firing up the Weber :) Ahhh, Spring can't be far away.

What's your latest creation using my gourmet award winning Caribbean Jerk Sauce? Drop me a line on my Facebook page and let me know. Feel free to share a picture or 2 too. I'll continue sharing all your delectable creations here so continue checking back for other quick and easy to make recipes- all road tested by us.

See you at my next in store demo,

Terry

3 comments:

  1. What, you had no Cavalier Rum on hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Hey Vinny. Well, we were out of Cavalier but Josh got Appleton for Christmas so I ended up using that. I'd love to get some more English Harbour Rum. My Dad's gotten that for us in the past and I like that one too. Know anyone headed to Antigua soon? :)

      Delete