Thursday, June 2, 2011

All Work and No Play...

Well, I'm just back from 2 relaxing and restful weeks away. Headed with my family to the Chesapeake Bay area of VA. I'd never been but I was curious to visit. Below are pics of some of the beach days we enjoyed. The water was very clear and calm but quite chilly, unlike the warm waters of the Caribbean that I became used to when I was growing up on the Caribbean island of Antigua. Antigua has 365 beaches- 1 for every day of the year and they're all different.

We caught some very delicious crabs while we were there. I was inspired to try Hot Jerk Crab made with my Caribbean Hot Jerk Sauce Marinade. We added 6 tablespoons of Baron's International Kitchen's Caribbean Hot Jerk Sauce Marinade to the water and boiled the crabs whole. The Caribbean Hot Jerk Sauce infused the crab meat with a sweet flavor that was mild but I am interested in making this dish again with more marinade to see if more of the spicy heat comes through. I'll let you know how that goes. If you decide to try it, post a comment and let me know.

So, I'm recharged, energized and rearin' to go and there's a lot of developments over the past 4 weeks to be announced. So...

Stay tuned!

Terry






No comments:

Post a Comment