Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I just hired my first helper!

That's right, I've just hired my first outside helper. It's another one of those things that makes it feel like I own a "real" company :)  Can't believe I'm here, just 1 year after selling my first jar. It's so exciting!

So, it's been an increasing challenge to keep up with the store's need for in-store demonstrations now that I'm in more stores. I've been enjoying getting out and meeting so many of you and I wish I could do more demos but it's hard to find time to visit and demo in the stores as often as I would like to while also needing to juggle family and other personal responsibilities at those same times. There just doesn't seem to be enough Saturdays in a month :)

Fran Hales, owner of Pampered Chef will now be working with me to do the in-store demos in the Newburgh and Poughkeepsie Adams Fairacre Farms stores. I met Fran last year at the Rosendale Street Festival where she and I were co-exhibitors and since that time we've become friends. Fran was interested in more projects and had previous experience doing in-store demos and I needed help to do more in-store demos so it was a natural match- a win-win for both of us. Fran is not a Baron's International Kitchen employee. Rather, she provides services as a Consultant. If you are finding yourself in a similar situation and considering hiring employees to meet your staffing needs, I strongly encourage you to first speak with your Accountant about the best way to meet your needs with the lowest impact to your company's bottom line. That's what I did and I'm so glad I turned to him for advise. It's been a headache free and painless process and well worth the I money saved in pursuing other possible alternatives and the BEST part...I'm helping another small, local, woman-owned business to stay in business...and THAT feels really good.

Fran was in the Newburgh and Poughkeepsie Adams Fairacre Farms stores over the Father's Day weekend sharing samples of my gourmet products. She enjoyed meeting and talking with so many of you then and is looking forward to more in-store demos in July and August. Thanks for stopping by, meeting Fran, saying hello and trying a sample of my gourmet Caribbean Jerk Sauce Marinades, Caribbean Hot Sauce and Portuguese Repolho Relish. I'll let you know when and where Fran will be sharing free samples of my gourmet marinades and condiments over the coming months.

I will continue to do the in-store demos in Kingston and West Hurley NY and with Fran's help, we'll be able to connect with more of you, more often in Newburgh, Poughkeepsie and other points in southern NY state.

Here's to local businesses helping each other,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment