Monday, June 13, 2011

My gourmet products are now available at the Catskill Mountain Country Store

I'm really excited about the latest retailer to be added to my client list. Up to this point, I've really tried to focus on establishing a high presence in the very local market, that is local to where I live, work and play and that's the West Hurley/Kingston area of the Hudson Valley, NY. Yes, it was exciting to add the Poughkeepsie and Newburgh locations of Adam's Fairacre Farms and yes, I was psyched when the Tarrytown Gourmet Food Market (located in Tarrytown NY in Westchester County) started featuring my gourmet sauces and condiments but when I launched the product line so many months ago (can you believe how fast that went by? :) I really wanted to saturate the local area- have my products featured at all the farm markets, gourmet and specialty food markets and restaurants/delis in my neighborhood. There are some restaurants and delis that I would like to work with and there are a handful of farm markets that I'm planning to connect with but for the most part, I've achieved that initial goal of establishing a high presence in the very local area.

The addition of the Catskill Mountain Country Store marks the beginning of the next phase in Baron's International Kitchen's development. My goal is to expand north and west into the ski resort areas, south into the more heavily populated counties of Westchester, the boroughs and NYC and east to the CT, MA and VT borders. It's a daunting goal but very exciting and I'm planning to take baby steps as I move forward, that's worked really well for me so far.

So, let me tell you a little bit about the Catskill Mountain Country Store. The Catskill Mountain Country Store is located on the main street in Windham NY. There's the most amazing view from the front porch of the store of the Windham Ski peaks. On my initial visit, the hypnotic view took my breath away (you know what a sucker for scenery I am :) and I was absolutely spellbound. The trip to the Catskill Mountain Country Store passes over Katterskill Falls, the highest two-tiered waterfall in NY state. I highly recommend visiting, it's well worth the trip.

The Catskill Mountain Country Store features a restaurant that serves the best home cooked breakfasts and lunches on the mountaintop not to mention the best locally made fudge I've yet tasted, a country gift shop where you can find unique gift items for any age and a regional gourmet specialty food store. Gourmet and specialty food samples are provided daily. There is also a "looking zoo" housing animals rescued from local shelters which will delight. You can purchase items via their website and pay for your purchase via paypal. I also invite you to find them on facebook.

The Catskill Mountain Country Store is located at 5510 Route 23 in Windham NY. Directions are available on their website. Give owners/Operators Drew and Natasha Shuster a call at for more information and hours of operation.

Stay tuned for news about additions further afield where you can purchase Baron's International Kitchen's gourmet sauces and condiments. The Catskill Mountain Country Store marks the 23rd store to become a Baron's International Kitchen product retailer. Store #25 isn't far behind. More to come...

Ahh, the views to be found in the great outdoors. I LOVE living in the country!

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment